Pages

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Prayer Request


Please pray for our friends, Tim & Kim Carter. Below is a letter from them that will explain:



First, we just want to thank God for
his love, provision, and his peace. We truly know that God is in control of
everything and that the things brought into our lives are to help us to become
more like him. We know he has a perfect plan through these difficult times but
he loves us and we are excited about how God is going to use this in our
lives.

Thank you for your cards and e-mails
expressing your love and support by prayer. We knew and still know that many
people are praying for us and lifting us up before God’s throne. This has been
an awesome learning time for us because we could truly understand the peace that
comes from God because of your intercessory prayer on our
behalf.



Here is a quick update on where we
are at.



On Fri. 1/5 the results of a chest
X-ray revealed a large mass in my chest. I had a CTscan on Mon. 1/8 which did
confirm this and was scheduled right away an appointment with a Oncologist
doctor on Tues. 1/9(Dr. Castro). On Tuesday, the doctor explained to us that my
tumor was about 14 centimeters X 9 centimeters and where it sat in my chest. It
had displaced my trachea a little, collapsed a portion of my left lung and was
touching my heart. Because of the size and placement of the tumor I was
admitted to the hospital right away. On Wed. 1/10 I had a bone marrow biopsy
which was negative and a biopsy of the tumor to determine exactly what it was.
I was diagnosis with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Large cell B on Thursday 1/11. On
Fri. 1/12 I began my first treatment of chemotherapy around 3pm. My body did
have a few side effects and the treatment ended around 3:30am on Saturday. I
then had another drug that was by IV over the next 24 hours. Saturday was a
much easier day. I was released from the hospital on Tuesday 1/16. I have felt
pretty good since being home and have been able to eat again. My taste buds are
all over the place though; it may sound good in my head but not my mouth. On
Sat. 1/20 I took my last medicines and they say my blood counts will be
declining and there will be decline in my body physically. I agree with them
because I have been really tired most of the day and slept pretty well. It will
take a few days and the counts will increase again and I should start feeling
better again. They checked my counts again today 1/23 and they are at the
bottom, which explains why I have been achy and sore the last 4 days. The
hardest thing has just been not being able to get comfortable in any positions
and the sore, achy body. I go back down on Fri. 1/26 for another count they
just want to make sure they come back up. My next treatment is Thurs.
2/1.



The doctors expectations are that
after I go through the next 5 chemotherapy treatments that my tumor with shrink
in size and disintegrate. My chemotherapy treatments will be every 21 days, the
first 2 days by IV as an outpatient and then the rest of my cycle at home. The
remaining 5 chemotherapy treatments will take us into May by the time of my last
treatment.





Praises:


  1. God is in control and the lessons we
    are learning through this

  2. Opportunities we had with doctors
    and nurses to live before them and show them the grace and peace of
    God

  3. My mom, dad and mother-in-law being
    able to come and be here with us, and safety as they traveled
    home.
  4. God’s grace and provision in
    many unexpected ways.





Prayer Requests:


  1. Our children Timmy (5), Nicole (4)
    and Austin (2) that they would adjust well to understanding that daddy will have
    good days and bad days.

  2. That I am able to rest as my body is
    very achy and it is hard to find a position to be able to comfortably sleep or
    rest.

  3. My body physically to do well and
    respond well to future treatments (next starts 2/1)

  4. That Kim and I would take advantage
    of this time together and continue to grow closer to God through
    this.




Thanks again for your prayers and
support.




In his grace,



Tim, Kim, Timmy, Nicole &
Austin






No comments:

Post a Comment