Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Prayer Update

Things are beginning to slow down a bit, for a little while, at least! We thoroughly enjoyed our recent visitors from I-Tec, Paul & Christopher Kinley. They spent a 2 night layover with us on their way to a missions trip in Zambia.

I am almost finished with a Beth Moore study on the book of Daniel. I have really enjoyed spending time in the Word of God and with other godly women. We are hoping to start a study on Esther in January.

I am so excited about discipleship! I am now discipling 2 women, and am thrilled to share with you that I have a new mentor to disciple me! I am looking forward to growing and learning from my meetings with all 3 of these beautiful women!

Musical opportunities are continuing to present themselves.... I am still playing flute at church, and have been invited to join a local group of musicians to play for some Christmas concerts in Joburg. One of them will be to accompany a mass choir! I also have had someone offer to give me piano lessons. As she lives on the other side of Johannesburg, it will only be once a month, but the accountability should keep me practicing!

Brad is busy with work, meeting with Pastors and youth leaders throughout the week and visiting churches and youth groups each weekend. He will be preaching twice in the month of November, as well as teaching Youth Ministry at the International College of Bible & Missions, preparing for end of year camp, along with his other responsibilities to keep up with in the office.

Thank you for your faithful prayer support!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mary,

    Please be careful not to get over busy - one thing I learned through Christian Counseling Courses + Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life was to keep my focus on my ministry - in my case, my husband and children/families. This is especially helpful to me now that Dick has been through a 5-way bypass, carotid artery surgery, stroke and now alzheimers - al of this started Nov 6 '07 after our Sept '07 project for SOWER's. It is a joy to serve our Lord when we keep our focus in the right place. I know, in the past, I have so overworked in church and ministry that sometimes my focus was not where it belonged - but, our Lord always brought me back to the right focus.

    I know our Lord is blessing you and using your talents - so happy for you, Brad and children.

    Love in Christ,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete