Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Prayer Update

Well, life is definitely busy, and what better things to be busy with than ministry!

Yesterday we said goodbye to Lauren Grey, short-term missionary from the US.  It was a pleasure to have her here!  She was here for three months and was an immense help in the office, with events, and was able to build some excellent relationships with teens and young adults in the area! 

We have plenty that short term missionaries could help out with.  You should pray about joining us for a little while!

This Friday, August 17, is our annual T-Junction!  We are thrilled at the new turn that this event is taking. We are going to have an all night event at an Aqua Dome with Heated Pools, Water Slides, Basketball, Volleyball, Bowling, Adventure Golf, and much, much more!!!! The objective of this event is to bring in unsaved youth and share the gospel message, bringing them to a "T-junction" in their lives.  They will have to choose between turning to Christ or going their own way.

Brad will be starting a new orientation with Waterkloof Baptist Church in Pretoria on September 1. This is the first church that we will be working with in this area!  Please join us in praising God for opportunities to spread the ministry of Word of Life.

I would love to share with you a recent blessing!!!  I have played the flute now for approximately 22 years - hard to believe it's been that long!  When I was in my last year of school, my parents blessed me with a new (to me) flute.  Since moving to South Africa almost 6 years ago, I've been able to play in church once or twice a week!  Well my flute decided to give out on me, costing more to repair than it was worth.  I was quite disappointed, as I thought I was going to have to go without playing for a while as we saved for a new flute.  I took my flute to a local instrument library to see if there was something they could do just to make it work in the meantime, and when I went back, they shared that, unfortunately, there was nothing they could do.  BUT, someone had donated a used flute to the instrument library and they passed it on to me!  What a blessing from the Lord.  I was moved beyond words! 

Please pray for the health of our family!  We have been battling one form of minor sickness or another for 6 weeks now, and it would be nice for the whole family to be healthy again!

Mary, for the fam
Brad, Mary, Brandon & Marissa
Word of Life South Africa

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your blessings Mary!! We will pray for your family as it isn't fun to be sick!!

    ReplyDelete